Pages

July 02, 2010

23 days to go

Well, I don't think we'll have a Yankee Doodle baby like I hoped. I was prepared to stick a feather in his hat and call it macaroni, but I think that it's too hot for hats and that's only appropriate if he arrives in the next 2 days or so (unlikely).

But the good news is I am 1 cm dilated. I had some contractions this week that have been helping the baby work his way down and he is in just the right position for delivery (the doctor felt his head and everything. For the record, I was grossed out when she told me that so I don't blame you if you are too.) Supposedly, how they are positioned at 36 or 37 weeks is how they tend to stay.

Anyway, baby is ready for launch, all systems are a go and he is now officially considered full term. They didn't really give me any idea of if they think I'll go early, on time, or late, but I think their guess is as good as mine or yours at this point. The important thing is he is gearing up for his big day and making his way down, head first.

(Oh and my sister Katie said she's heard more babies are born when it's a full moon which just so happens to be July 26...)

I did a few other tests and passed with flying colors so other than the fact that it's a 91 degree weekend and I have to wear glasses to watch tv, I don't have many complaints (and the fact that we still don't have a name picked out!).

Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Howard said...

wow! 1 cm! Congratulations! 1/10 of the way there already! Do you like eating pineapple? I think that's supposed to help... there are a million ideas out there. spicy food? bumpy roads?

I don't know about Macaroni, but I always thought Mac was cute... kind of for McCloud. I can't use that one though cause the c at the end of Mac with my last name sounds like "coward." So much to think about! You know who's good at thinking about things like that- Kelly! Consult her! or click through nymbler.com some more!

You could try these:

type some names up and hang them on your fridge and as you walk by cross out ones that you don't love anymore

OR you and D make a list together and take turns each crossing out 1 name per day until you get down to 2 or 3 and then just see what he looks like when he pops out. Maybe D will even let you have the final say after all you've been through at that point- haha!

We're so excited! We checked out the hospital last night for ya... lookin good! Caden made SURE to tell me he wants to go back and see baby cousin there. okay!

sorry- longest comment ever.