Pages

May 24, 2010

Single Digit Week Countdown

We are down to less than 9 weeks until the big debut! Part of me feels like this will never end...mainly the part of me that hates these 96 degree days. But 61 days makes me feel like I blinked and gained 25 lbs and can't believe we're so close to finally meeting him.

I have baby shower number 3 tomorrow AND baby has concert number 3 tomorrow too. Big day for us! My department at work is throwing me a baby shower over lunch and based solely on the food I heard will be there, I can tell you I am very excited about it. Then Kristen and I are going to the James Taylor concert, courtesy of an awesome birthday gift from Sonia, Abby, AJ, and Katie. (thank you!!!!!)

Derek, the baby, and I also all experienced our first Target Field game this weekend. I can't believe how nice it is there. Derek cheered for Bernie the Brewer before the game started, but unfortunately had very little to cheer for after that. I was a little preoccupied with not having enough personal space, but overall, I'd say it's pretty great there. We left when the game was 6-2, a little boring, and I was at my boiling point. Little did we know the Brew Crew tried making a little comeback in the 9th and the game went 3 extra innings. I'd like to say we learned our lesson and will never leave early again...but outdoor baseball and being 8+ months pregnant is a bad combo in June/July.

We also got to check out the baby room this weekend while Derek was in town. The place is super nice and we'll be hauling everything over there in just a few more days. I've had the "nesting" urge for probably the last 3 months, so I think finally being able to set his room up and see everything we have will make us feel a little more ready. (If that's even possible!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to come up and see the place and help you all move in! hopefully it's not 95+ weather again! See you Saturday!