Pages

July 30, 2010

Lucas Ryan Adamczyk

Guess who's here!? You probably already know, but Lucas arrived late Tuesday night, July 27 at about 11:25pm. He was very fast to come out and took only about 15 minutes of good pushing, but that's not to say the labor was easy....23 hours of official 3-5 minute apart contractions led up to the "easy" part! I was very thankful for the epidural and pitocin because I'm pretty sure my body would've have taken about 4 days otherwise.

He was 8lb 3oz and the nurses in the delivery room were going nuts because we all thought he'd be a lot smaller. We got to leave the hospital after 1.5 days and he has already experienced the pure joy of perusing the aisles of Target, although he slept through the whole thing. Basically all he wants to do is sleep, look cute and eat.

He has gotten to meet most of the family that has anxiously been waiting for him and now we are excited for friends to come hang out with him as well! We have a couple of doctor appointments these first few days, but life is looking good for Derek, me and Lucas.

Derek will go back to work on Monday and I can't tell you how happy I am he was able to have this week off. He has been with me the entire time since Monday night's contractions kicked in and he is such a good dad to Lucas already. We got home yesterday about 2:00 and they hung out most of the afternoon/evening together. Lucas loves him so much and instantly calms down when he talks to him - he definitely knows his daddy's voice! Plus Derek is an 'expert swaddler' which is great because I have no clue. He needs a little practice in the diaper changing department (as do I) but I think we'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

Bottom line is: We love Lucas so much and can't wait for everyone to meet him. Thank you so much for your prayers and support, cards and gifts, offers to babysit, etc. So happy he's here! I will post pictures once we take more...he is changing everyday so much, it's crazy...and it's only day 3!

PS, yes we are sticking with Lucas and not Luke for now, but we are not offended with anyone that has already called him that. :)

No comments: