Things are slowly but surely coming together! My dad hauled all the baby things we've been collecting over to our apartment last Saturday and my friend Kristen helped me sort and organize baby clothes for the afternoon. It was much fun to see everything that we have for him! We'll be getting the crib set up sometime this weekend and I think then it will finally look like an actual baby room (as opposed to just an empty room to throw my junk in and Derek's games/sportsish stuff). My mom and I also picked out curtains and fabric for the rocking chair this weekend so it'll be fun to get that all up as well.
I meet the pediatrician tomorrow and then we have our first of two classes this weekend. I'm sure Derek is super excited to spend 9am-4pm learning about labor and delivery. :) I guess it will be good for us both to feel a little more informed about the whole process!
The funniest thing about being pregnant is the kinship that other pregnant women and moms seem to have with me. I can hardly go to Target or the mall without someone striking up the "when are you due, is it a boy or a girl, is it your first, what will you name it" conversation which usually ends with little pieces of parenting advice, which is of course, always welcome and appreciated.
So there's the update! Hopefully by the time we get internet this weekend we will have made some major progress on the baby's room AND be well informed for D-day.
No comments:
Post a Comment