| Derek, Megan and Ryan saw me at about mile 17.5...right before I hit the "wall." Considering my lack of training, I was pretty proud to do so well up until about mile 18 or 19. Then my ipod died, my muscles started to tighten up and ache like crazy, and I walked roughly 2 miles of the remaining 8. Luckily my dad & Kelly caught me at about 24 when I was all teary eyed and word out. Kelly ran with me up to where the Howards were watching and then right before Derek, Megan & Ryan were at the finish line so I only had to do about .2 of a mile on my own then. So glad they were all there to watch me & help me make it to the end! It was definitely a LOT harder than I remember any other one being. Which is why I may officially be in marathon retirement! (someone get that in writing!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment