Pages

August 16, 2011

It's about time for an update/brag session, huh?

Lucas loves to read these days. (Or I should say, Lucas loves to be read to..my baby is smart but we'll save reading until he's at least 2. ;)  He signs for 'more' at the end of EVERY book so usually we do 2 or 3 read throughs before it's time for bed.

He also loves music. Everything from the Jeopardy theme song to the songs his toy cell phone sings about calling his animal friends.  He dances to the music by bouncing up & down and smiling at us to make sure we're watching him dance then claps at the end of the song.  

He also is recognizing SO many words!  He likes to point to us when we say "where's dada? or where's mama?"  and knows how to nod his head yes or no.  He says "wooow!" and "go" and all the mamas & dadas we want.  We've heard a "bye" or 2 as well, but for the most part, he's still in the pointing and babbling phase.

Tonight I read him Baby's Birthday Cake (Thanks Gittens family! he already knows every flap to lift to find the cake!) I asked him where the balloons were - as in where on the page are they - and Lucas wiggled out of my arms, ran across the room and pointed to the actual balloon (bday leftover) in the corner. What a smartie, huh?   

DISCLAIMER: I'm sure no one is as impressed as me, this is probably normal for a baby his age, but 1 year ago he was a (cute) bump on a log just waiting to eat every couple hours.  I just can't get over how much he's learning lately, it's so fun to watch. Anyway, here are a few pics of the boy playing with dada and sitting in his favorite spot in his room: his racetrack from great grandma. 







No comments: