Pages

August 02, 2010

Fast learners

I'm sitting here watching a very cute sleepy baby that FINALLY went to sleep and I can't even begin to tell you how much Derek and I have learned in the past 5 days. This little boy is breaking us in fast and furiously.

Today he taught us about the importance of waiting until he is absolutely completely finished before we attempt a diaper change. I'll spare you the details, but it involved a lot of cleaning up and the 3rd load of baby laundry (keep in mind we've only been at home for 3 full days!)

We found out yesterday that he definitely has distance and no warning with his peeing habits. In the past 24 hours, he has peed on the wall, straight up (aka - all over himself), on Mimi, on himself, on Mimi again, and on himself again...oh, and on himself AGAIN. I always assumed people were exaggerating when they said it happens as soon as you take off the diaper, but it's totally true. Although for us, it usually happens just as the new diaper is about to go under. We'll have to perfect our diaper changing techniques pretty quick or we plow through our diaper supply in no time.

We've also come to find out that Lucas likes to have a little bday celebration from about 10 - 1 every night. All he wants to do during the day is sleep sleep sleep and he will sleep through ANYTHING, but then is WIDE awake ready to play and squirm and make all sorts of weird baby noises once Derek and I are ready for bed. Must be his baby sixth sense.

All in all, we are doing well...learning more about little Lucas every day and loving him so much. Even though he pooped 6+ times today.

No comments: