Pages
August 08, 2010
Dr. Mom
I officially diagnosed Lucas with my awesome google skills. The doctor told me the bump on his head was from his head being down in the birth canal waiting waiting waiting to be pushed out of a very tight space and yours truly was not pushing! So that 'trauma' made fluid/blood collect in between his little skull and the skin and left him with soft bubble of a bump on the left side of his head. Anyway, it is called cephalohematoma and as much as I have cried about his poor little bump in the past 11 days, I'm glad to know that it's harmless and WILL go away....eventually! It might be a couple of months, but it will heal with a little time. I'm also so happy to know that it has nothing to do with his development or brain..it's purely a 'temporary physical sign of trauma at birth.' We can live with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment